Friday, July 25, 2008

Flushed Away

While we're on the subject of Charlotte making a mess.... I was getting the kids ready for bed, and one of the boys left the toilet seat up. I had my back turned helping Mikey brush his teeth, and turned around to see Charlotte splashing in the toilet. I called Jackson back in, and gave the boys a mini-lecture on safety. "This is why we shut the toilet lid," I said. "Because she can reach in and get her hands dirty and maybe even fall in."

But Mikey had to take it a little bit further. "Yeah, and she will fall in, and someone will flush her, and she will go down the pipe, and she will get soft and break like toilet paper, and we won't have a baby sister anymore!" Yes, that might get them to keep her away from the toilet.

2 comments:

Holly said...

I just read this to Chris and we're both laughing. Not at a poor flushed Charlotte, but at Mikey's creativity!

Chadlee said...

So funny!