
Last Thursday the kids and I were invited to join my Friend Jen and her kids at the Hansen Dam Water Recreational Park. What an INCREDIBLE PLACE!! There is a 1.5 acre "swim lake." Instead of having a deep end and a shallow end, the pool tapers off on all sides like a lake would. The kids weren't too sure of the no life jacket or floatie rule, but they soon got over it when they realized they could wade out at least 20 feet and still touch the bottom.
There is a HUGE water slide at one end of the pool. It was so far away, that I didn't walk over to see what the rules were. Jackson may be big enough to ride, but we'll need to go with Jeff next time, so someone can sit with the baby.
We packed a Sunny-style picnic, and brought El Pollo Loco with us, but there was a taco truck and several ice cream vendors with carts walking around the grassy picnic area. Jackson's face turned a nice shade of blue from his blue ghost ice-cream pop, and Mikey looked like his TMNT pop exploded in his mouth.The best part is, it was only 25 minutes from our house AND with a library card I got in for $2, and the kids were FREE!! I think this is a place we will frequent OFTEN this summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment