Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Mom Doesn't Get a Sick Day

I caught a cold this weekend. It started out as a tickle in my throat, then a cough with achy glands. My coughing has been keeping me (and Jeff) up at night. Today I woke up feeling as if I had run a marathon or been hit by a truck. Every muscle in my body hurts an my skin is tender to the touch. I can hardly hold Charlotte, and when she pulls my hair, it feels like daggers. I took my temperature and it was up to 99.9.

It to the point this morning that everything the kids were doing set me off, and I got really angry at them. After telling them that I was sorry, and asking them to remember what it felt like when they had fevers, they started to be really cooperative with each other and with me. I managed to get Charlotte down for a nap, and "The Wild" turned on for the boys with a plate of PB&J sandwiches. Then I went back to sleep.

Mikey woke me up an hour later, trying to dig into my stash of Chocolate. I kicked him out, but he was back 10 min. later for more. I kicked him out again and tried to go back to sleep. Then I started hearing noises coming from the nursery and music from Charlotte's mobile, that SHE can't figure out how to turn on. This is what I found. Notice that the only kid that is dressed happens to be wearing mis-matched clothing? That's because he did it himself when I didn't have the energy to find clothes.

I'm glad Jeff suggested grabbing the camera, because in my state, I wouldn't have thought of that. The first picture shows Mikey getting mad at me when I told him I couldn't show my friends on the computer a picture with his "elephant" showing (figure it out). I cheered him up enough to get a smile at last. He did ask my to show everyone the picture of "Grumpy Mikey" too.

P.S. When I went downstairs, I found a trail of juice and a bowl full of mixed juices from 5 empty juice boxes. I pay if I take a nap, and I pay if I don't.

2 comments:

danielle said...

i know the day you had, and feel your pain. keep up the good work!

Holly said...

Oh my gosh, this is hilarious. Glad you got the camera out. Or Jeff did. Glad he's been around to help. We've had a weird week or we could have helped out a little more! Glad you're feeling better!