- Homework
- Practice
- Prayer
- Put things away, not down
- Do as Jesus does
I have been trying to figure out a way to get the boys excited about helping out around here. We have been pretty good about getting them to clean up their toys each night, but sometimes it becomes a battle.
We were at Toys R Us the other day looking for a birthday present for Charlotte's buddy Lukas, when I found a great magnetic Responsibility Chart in the wooden puzzle section. There are a ton of different responsibility magnets with pictures of kids doing things on them, and smiley face "buttons" that say things like "Good Job" and "Awesome" on them.

I unwrapped it when we got home, and the kids helped me pick out what they were responsible for. Here is what we came up with:
- Get Dressed (without yelling or complaining)
- Share (on their own, without mom intervening)
- Clear Table
- Put Toys Away
- Brush Teeth
- Put Clothes in Hamper
- Get Ready for Bed (again without yelling)
We were out of town for 5 days and didn't have the chart. I found Jackson on a stool this morning putting a blue button on the chart after they got dressed. He then ran in and told Mikey to help put their breakfast dishes in the sink so they could get another button. I hope the magic lasts!
No comments:
Post a Comment