Thursday, August 28, 2008

Charlotte Turns One

Yes. It happened. Charlotte turned one today.

One year ago I had the best delivery of all 3 of my child birth experiences. Charlotte came into the world during a planned C-section on the 13th anniversary of my first date with Jeff. We went to Huntington Memorial Hospital in Pasadena and had a nice uneventful surgery - on time, and the anesthesia actually worked this time! I was presented with a beautiful baby girl, my dream come true.


Jeff sent this quick birth announcement e-mail to our friends and family when he was able to escape the hospital:

Hi guys, full details to follow, but I finally managed to sneak away from the hospital long enough to send these. The vitals:

Charlotte Jayne Cannon Sweat
born 8/27, 12:56 pm
8 lbs, 2 oz
20 inches
Brown hair
Her eyes, when you can see them, are blue.
She's calm and sweet and already knows that a lap is better than a bassinet.

Sunny is recovering from her C-section, but is a long way from being able to pick up her boys, who can't wait for Mommy and Charlotte to come home.

Love,
Jeff

Here we are a full year later, and I just caught my precious little bundle splashing in the toilet. Who knew a year ago that my darling little princess would be into the same type of mischief that my rough-and-tumble boys are?


She has been learning and growing before our eyes. As if she knew she had a deadline, she took her first two steps last night. Her 8th tooth erupted yesterday, and after all of the picture taking and receiving her new gift today, she is now saying "deese" (cheese) and "daah, daah" (dog). Add those to her current vocabulary and she is saying about 12 words now. "Mama", "Dada", "Cat", "This", "That," "Ball", "Jaa-Sa" (Jackson), "Juice", "Mmmm!" (I want that food!), "NA-Na-na-Na-NA (DON'T Touch my FOOD!). We try not to touch her food.

Happy birthday, Charlie girl.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Awww. . .I absolutely love this sweet tribute to little Charlotte. I can't believe it's been a year. I love the newborn photo as well as the one of her in that pink shrug. Hope Jackson's arm is better. I'm having panic attacks just thinking about going into public with more than one kid someday. Yikes.